Edible Santa Fe Launches Their Annual Local Hero Awards
Farm & Table - Best Restaurant
Thanks to everyone who voted in this year’s Local Heroes poll. We appreciate your input, and knowing who you think are the champions of local food in Northern New Mexico. While we do our best to celebrate our local food heroes in every issue, these awards give our readers and community an opportunity to acknowledge the people on the ground doing the hard work.
This year, we have introduced a special award called the Olla, intended to recognize and encourage individuals or organizations that have made significant contributions in the realm of good food work in Northern New Mexico, and who are creating a more robust local food system. We invite you to join us in a special awards ceremony at 6pm during the Mixing Bowl Commercial Kitchen & Delicious New Mexico’s annual open house at the South Valley Economic Development Center on December 7, 2012.
And the winners are:
- Farm - Skarsgard Farms & ARCA ORGANICS
- Organization - Farm to Table
- Food Artisan - Heidi's Raspberry Jam
- Beverage Artisan - Marble - Brewmaster
- Mobile Food - Harvest Truck
- Restaurant - Farm & Table
- Chef - Jonathan Perno, Executive chef, Los Poblanos La Merienda
- Retailer - La Montanita Co-op
- Olla Award - Patrick Staib, UNM Research Service-Learning Program Faculty & Sustainable Development Consultant